By creating a system of intelligent products this Edinburgh based company has rethought how to care for your loved ones.
Targeted at older adults their product enables them to feel safe and at ease in their own home, as well as giving their relatives and friends peace of mind that this is the case.
Essentially, it alerts carers of any immediate concerns but also helps preventable incidents and supports general wellbeing. It’s simply installed and is unobtrusive to use. It’s also flexible, connectable to wi-fi and 3G if that’s unavailable.
Ideally you’ll be based a commutable distance from Edinburgh, though they are happy for you to work from home for the bulk of your time.
For this position they need someone to be responsible for the Android software development and working on some real cutting edge solutions.
Day to day, you’d be:
- Carry out code reviews of existing software
- Verification and testing, triage of bugs to support hardware partner.
- Prepare necessary documents, write unit tests
- Design, implement, test and debug embedded systems software
- Develop test protocols and procedures for design verification
- Work with Product Owner to estimate project effort.
- Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies and processes
- Develop and Architect solutions to deliver products for web, mobile and IoT
- Design and develop code with performance, usability, maintainability and security in mind
- Be a technical leader who can drive and challenge our technical direction
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise efficiency
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation for deliverables
- Embedded (headless) Android development using Android Studio
- Knowledge of C language
- Rich knowledge of MCU peripheral and interface drivers (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, PWM)
- Wireless industry knowledge or experience that includes one or more of the following wireless software protocols is strongly desired: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE, Thread and other Silicon Labs stacks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years + building responsive Android applications using Java (Angular preferred)
- Experience of large-scale, distributed systems and service-oriented architectures.
- You must be a quick learner and be flexible about what technologies you use.
- Development: Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Automated Testing
- Mobile: Android (Kotlin, Java)
- You must be comfortable with rapid development in a Scrum / Agile environment and iterating based on market and customer feedback
- You should have experience in a fast paced technology company, preferably a start-up
And as a bonus it would be great if you’ve got C++ experience. A degree would be nice, though they’re looking at the structure of your code first and foremost.
They’re offering a salary of up to £70K and offering the chance to work on a product that could revolutionize the way the care system works.