This role is with a highly tech focussed organisation who specialise in creating educational content for schools worldwide. They have one of the best staff retention rates I’ve seen to date and are ideally looking for someone with a real passion for continuous skill development.
The company provides award-winning digital resources for teachers and pupils in tens of thousands of schools around the world. They are now embarking upon a major international platform migration and upgrade. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the education of children and to gain experience in developing user-friendly, age-appropriate functionality for teachers and students in multiple languages.
They have a fantastic staff retention rate, with the majority of their tech team being there for over 10 years and are keen on making sure their developers are consistently kept up to date with new and relevant technologies.
This is a fully hands-on role where you’ll write code daily and contribute to production releases multiple times a month.
- Deliver clean and performant code to support their web applications
- Implement new product features, as well as enhance and maintain existing functionality by monitoring solutions and performance characteristics
- Ensure the scalability and quality of all code
- Continually improve our development process, documentation and standards
- Participate in team code reviews to ensure code quality standards
- Participate in build system maintenance
- Collaborate with stakeholders and teammates on design and architecture of web applications
Here is their full tech stack. Obviously, this is a fairly big list, and it’s important to emphasise that they don’t expect you to tick all the boxes! This is mostly to give you a general idea of their environment and the types of technologies that they use; whatever you don’t know, you will be given the opportunity to learn.
The core tech’s for this role are Python, SQL & MongoDB.
- Python in a large production environment
- SQL Server, MongoDB and Memcache
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Elastic Stack/Elastic Search
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, Lambda, S3
- LTI, SCORM and LMS Interoperability
- Build systems and automation
- Localization using Flask, Babel or Gettext
- oAuth and supporting multiple 3rd party authentication methods
- Progressive Web Apps, offline storage, client-server syncing and Websockets
- Agile development
If you’d like more information on this one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.