6 Month contract working on one of the most demanding and exciting new digital services for the UK Government.
Frontend Developer – Leeds – £550/day
My client is looking for a heavily experienced frontend developer to get involved with developing one of the most demanding and exciting new digital services for the UK Government. They’re ideally looking for a design focused developer with some knowledge of UX and usability as well as having experience working closely with a design team. On top of the main project, they have a lot of smaller ongoing projects that you’d get stuck into, keeping the work varied!
You’ll work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts, problem-solving and getting the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. You’ll be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser considerations.
- Have expert knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- Have knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG.
- Have knowledge of UX and usability.
- Have proven experience maintaining a large and dynamic code base.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git.
- Have experience of building high-traffic websites.
- Have knowledge of client-side build tools: grunt, gulp or similar.
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Mustache templates, Java 7 and Node.js.
- Have experience with test driven development using toolsets such as Mocha and Jasmine.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.