Our client is a leading e-commerce organisation who have gone through significant growth and are now looking to add a Senior Front End Developer, experienced in React, to their Technical Team. You will be considered a Technical Leader within the business and will also be responsible for mentoring and leading the junior team members.
You will be joining at a time when the organisation is going through some of their biggest challenges to date as they are going through a complete re-platforming to React, alongside other high profile projects. As a result, they are looking for someone with experience in working on large scale, distributed systems that can help drive the technical decisions and delivery of projects.
- You have experience working with React in large scale systems
- Have experience working with Node and its surrounding ecosystem
- You have worked with or helped build component libraries for React
- You help mentor and lead all levels
- Running lunch and learns or advocating the organisation externally through meetups, blogging, hackathons etc
- You understand business and commercial impact
- You understand delivery and how lean processes can enable this
- You live and breathe lean practices and true agile thinking
- Cloud – ideally AWS
- Extensive experience in React and Node
- Worked on large scale, highly transactional, distributed systems
- Provided coaching and mentorship to other engineers
- Worked with async and event driven architectures
- Test driven development
- Agile – ideally using squad-based teams
- Focus on writing quality code using best practices and principles including pair programming
- Microservices architecture & Restful API’s
- Full continuous integration and deployment pipeline, from GIT commit to deployment in production
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.