Are you a software engineer that wants to actually see a real impact on what you create? Do you want to join a company whose mission is to use tech to make public services better?
This is a real opportunity to join a team where you will represent the society that actually uses the services you would work on.
They’re looking to collectively grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe, and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences so they’re really open to receiving applications and speeding through the process.
What would I be doing?
On a day to day you’ll be expected to contribute to the following;
- Planning of work and the development of features, helping to define the features and approach to delivering them.
- Proactively pick up complex features, seek guidance and support when needed to complete them, and be comfortable architecting and delivering simple features in new contexts.
- Work across a variety of technologies and will need to be comfortable doing so.
- Be empowered to iteratively and rapidly deliver changes all the way through to production.
- Grow a team of language-agnostic engineers, which you might already consider yourself to be
- versed in a mix of paradigms such as object-oriented, functional, declarative, event-based, and aspect-oriented.
- Sharing your knowledge and skills with others, and be willing to learn new technologies and skills.
How do I get this job?
Their teams have used Ruby with Rails and Sinatra, ES6 with React and Angular, C# with .NET Core, Java with Spring, Python with Django, and plenty more stacks. They don’t limit themselves as a company to particular technologies and they expect all our engineers to be keen on learning new skills- so they are really open to such a variety of tech stacks!
You will have to be empowered to:
- Write code with test-driven development
- Deliver within an agile environment
- Work with a variety of programming languages (the right tool for the job mentality)
- Work with databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Work with (and learn around) cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Debug in a range of systems
- Work on your own self-development – they value keen learners
- Have the drive to deliver outcomes for users
- Mentor others
- Champion Clean Architectures (Object-Oriented Programming, SOLID Principles, Code Smells, etc.)
They are really keen to give you access to a learning and development budget so you can further develop the following skills;
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with product, design, and technology working within the same cycles
- Showcasing and presentation skills
- Agile practices such as Scrum, XP, and/or Kanban
- Pair programming
- Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
What do I get for this?
Their culture allows for active feedback on their benefits package so this is always evolving and as they are scaling quickly, so are their benefits. Recently, they’ve introduced a flexible benefits platform that includes;
- Smart Tech scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Individual benefits (health care, pension plan etc)
- Loads of social events
- Flexible holiday, working hours, and parental leave!
- Remote working
- Paid counseling
- Paid anniversary break and MORE!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.