Join one of the fastest growing and most loved food chain restaurants in the UK.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a rapidly growing business who is undergoing one of the biggest digital transformations within the hospitality sector? My client is doing this by making sure throughout the whole process of making their iconic food so good they are putting the people who add/ contribute to this process first! Their biggest asset are the people that work for them.
The thing that makes this business so successful is the people behind the brand, they are looking for people that can be as passionate if not more than themselves. The reason people are so behind the brand is because it’s a lifestyle.
- Line manages a team of 4-5 designers.
- Work closely with the Design Manager, other Design Leads and Researcher in maintaining standards in team excellence.
- Champion and contribute to our Design System with Tech colleagues, proactively recommending changes.
- Actively lead the customer experience on the platform (rather than single/multiple projects) you own day to day, collaborating with the members of other product teams and stakeholders.
- Leading the solution of undefined problems spaces & key strategic initiatives.
- Be used to using research and data to validate your thinking within the design process.
- Know that words and narrative play a strong part in explaining design decisions, presenting work with the relevant context to the UXD team and stakeholders.
- Be able to manage conversations up, down and sideways.
- Mentor and defend your team. Knowing when to create space for learning or lead with clear direction.
- Evangelising the UXD team & design thinking in the organisation.
The candidate will need
- Previous experience in a product role or evidence of strong cross transferable experience.
- Previous of experience in people/career management.
- Experience can be varied across industry, but some domain specific experience can help but is not necessary.
- Delivered multiple instances of successful work within product areas.
- An enthusiastic attitude with a team-first mentality and an incredible eye for detail and craft.
- Excellent knowledge of tools for design and delivery (e.g. Miro, Adobe CC, Figma, ProtoPie).
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.