Friendly Start-up looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help them make big changes for a great cause.
Our client is an award-winning social enterprise start-up who work for a great purpose helping people from disadvantaged backgrounds get into work and secure long-term employment.
*note* This role has a London based office though they are flexible as to how remotely their candidate would like to work. They would consider fully remote options, but you must be based within the UK.
As the Senior User Researcher you will be defining and conducting investigations into user experiences for products. These will be delivered across multiple platforms, such as desktop, web, mobile and tablet devices.
You’ll be working as the sole researcher with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and other business stakeholders and will inform the team of research findings and insights to implement HCD (human centred design) decisions.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Using all the research techniques at your disposal to inform the team of insights to help us understand our users.
- Implementing a research strategy within the product development team.
- Advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and
- Developing high level journey maps that communicate the goals, pain points, motives, and means by which different groups of users use our products.
- Championing HCD within the organisation by recommending and implementing the best possible UX research practice, principles, and processes.
- Planning and delivering research projects that will help us to build new features or iterate on our current products, and to develop our longer-term product strategy.
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative user inputs / testing outcomes and create actionable insights for the various teams.
You would be joining the organisation at an exciting time and have the opportunity to be a leader today in the tech of tomorrow.
- Knowledge of HCD, user research methods, iterative development processes, and usability principles
- Good understanding of qualitative & qualitative research methods
- Experience within planning, scoping, conducting, analysing, and communicating research – during all phases of the product development life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to choose the best research methods and frameworks that will be persuasive to stakeholders during the product development process.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings to cross functional teams to drive impact.
- Excellent time and project management.
- Good communication and teamworking skills.
- Experience working with A/B tests alongside UX & Engineers.
- Experience running user testing.
- Experience of Agile methodology, and working in Sprints etc.
- Basic understanding of Sketch, Invision or other prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of accessibility in design.
- Marketing & Brand knowledge.
I will also consider applications from anyone who has been working in UX/Product design but now wants to change their sole focus to User Research. I will consider strong mid-level applicants if they can demonstrate the appropriate experience.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.