This global media company is home to many iconic and recognisable brands, their award winning content reaches over 379 million across social media platforms and more than 1 billion video viewers each month (we’re talking big brands here!).
They operate across several markets and are really passionate about being a global team.
They’re focused on a vision that promotes creativity and passion for their engineers who own the technology portfolio of one of the world’s most recognisable brands.
What will I be doing?
- GraphQL, REST APIs
- Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Docker, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes.
- Kibana, Datadog
However on a day to day you’ll be doing the following;
- Working within a cross-functional team that includes designers, UX engineers, and Product.
- Working on their collection of Node apps; using a mix of Express, Hapi, and Fastify
- Working on front-end apps; using React.js and Next.js
- Shipping features and services that impact a large audience worldwide.
- Contributing to technical decision-making, solutionizing and estimations.
- Pairing with members of your team to identify the most optimal solution. Regularly conducting code reviews to ensure high standards of engineering quality in the code that they write.
- Mentoring colleagues at every level, and a willingness to be mentored by them.
- Supporting your Tech Lead and Engineering Manager in technical decision making, solutionizing and estimations.
- Looking at logs and monitoring metrics and responding to alerts; they use Kibana, ElasticSearch and Datadog extensively, but as long as you’re aware of how important observability is, they don’t mind what tools you may have used in the past.
- Working in collaboration with Platform, SRE and Architecture teams as and when necessary.
How do I get this job?
- Love to learn: from latest developments in technology and best software development practices to new hobbies.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and love working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Appreciate the importance of testing and test-driven development, comfortable with the concepts of agile development, continuous integration, design systems, software architecture, data and analytics, user experience, accessibility, internationalisation and web performance.
- Familiar with Cloud Native architecture, containerisation, Docker, AWS, CI/CD.
They’re really big on teamwork and knowledge sharing so you’ll be working with global teams with an openness to mentoring.
What will I get for all this?
They’re offering a salary of up to £65,000, flexibility regarding remote working and plenty of other benefits including;
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Loads of social events
- Season ticket loans
- Cash gifts for big days such as weddings!
- Gym memberships
- Free food and MORE!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.