My client is in the public sector and is looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to support and build new features of an existing ruby application.
You’ll be joining a multidisciplinary team, they write code and operate software in specific areas of the public service they offer. The team work with user researchers, product managers, designers, business analysts, delivery managers, and content specialists whom all share the same vision to radically innovate and transform public services for the better with the smarter use of tech.
What do I need?
As it is a senior role, you’ll need extensive experience programming in Ruby, experience in the following is also required.
It’ll be a bonus if you have knowledge of Typescript as well as Node.
What stack they use and a bit of background
● Their Cloud platform (built on AWS) is their strategic hosting provider
● They use Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run their services
● They use Github to store and manage their code
● They use CircleCI to build their software and use a CircleCI Orb to standardise their approach
● They use HMPPS Auth as their strategic Authentication solution
● They use Azure Application Insights for their Application and performance monitoring and logging
● Sentry/Prometheus for application monitoring
● Elastic/Kibana for Data visualization
● They have adopted a range of best practices and standards
● They favor distributed software architecture when building applications
● They use ‘right size’ services when designing their products and services.
This contract is sitting at £650 a day, inside IR35.