Very excited to announce that Zebra People have been exclusively retained by Conde Nast to help them hire a Head of Design / UX for the Platform team. You will work on some of the most exciting and challenging Design System, CMS & Platform related projects out there.
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, and many others. The company’s award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S, with local license partners across the globe.
About Condé Nast Product and Technology
Our mission is to empower our brands such as Vogue, GQ, Allure, Glamour, AD, Conde Nast Traveler for business and creative success by creating the next-generation suite of content publishing, membership and commerce experiences. We are a group of designers, product managers, engineers, strategists, and researchers dedicated to building innovative, user-centric products.
About Our Design Team
We are a team of experienced designers with expertise in visual design, UX, interaction design, and research. We partner closely with editorial, product management, engineering, and business partners to strategize, design, and launch effective and beautiful digital products. We believe that a well-formed design culture is essential to delivering excellent products.
The Condé Nast Global Media Platform powers our network of over 65 websites, 5,000 editors, and hundreds of millions of monthly visitors and digital revenue dollars. Our teams create the software and technologies that make this possible; spanning from a robust multi-brand design system and web framework, to our CMS and other publishing products, to user accounts and subscription journeys, to robust ads and commerce products.
We are looking for a strategic and highly collaborative Senior Design Leader to join the dots across these internal products and teams. To partner with senior leadership within Product and Consumer Marketing to drive business and design strategies which deliver ambitious growth targets for our brands by building strong platform capabilities.
There are equivalent Senior Design Director roles in the brand org, so collaboration and creative strategizing with your counterparts is also key to the success of this role.
This is a real opportunity to influence the look, feel and functionality of these storied brands; how we can scale, optimize and adapt our foundations to build and deliver efficiently for our users and the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partnering with Product leadership and senior stakeholders across the business, you will own and drive the design narrative of the Platform teams.
- Lead the platform design functions, collaborating with partners on your cross-functional teams to understand the needs of the teams and establish a structure, and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
- Empower and mentor designers, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team. Transparency across product teams is essential.
- Coach your team in expanding mastery of our business goals and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
- Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of active projects.
- Steer the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
- Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new platform capabilities and support key business goals and metrics.
- Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
- Contribute to the product design priorities to inform the strategic roadmap, translating business needs into creative and user experience opportunities.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Relevant work experience leading cross-platform digital experiences at consumer-focused technology or media companies.
- Exceptional track record to empower and manage teams of designers, to help them grow and succeed.
- Experience leading and building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement. Data and iteration are second nature to you, but you know when to experiment with new propositions.
- A wealth of design systems and internal tools experience that has directly impacted commercial performance, or business KPIs. You have the technical understanding to be both tactical and strategic about driving platform capabilities and roadmaps.
- Experience shipping large web and mobile products, whilst working in an agile cross-functional environment
- A data-driven mindset: Familiarity and experience with hypothesis-driven design as well as qualitative and quantitative testing
- Established approach to framing and solving hard problems and a rich understanding of a range of design and research tools and methods
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Mastery and able to guide on user experience design, including usability and accessibility principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
If this sounds like you then Apply below.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.