This brand are looking for a Design Director with strong design system experience to join the existing senior management layer in their global publishing company.
This brand are looking for a Design Director with strong design system experience to join the existing senior management layer in their global media company. With over 350 million consumers across digital, and operating in 32 markets worldwide, there is huge scope for where the brand can take things! This is the perfect time to join the team as they seek to bring their global markets under one ecosystem and develop the digital products across their various brands. They’re hugely invested in rebuilding their design team and have placed a big focus on working culture.
Responsible for Content piece of all of their sites, for CMS that all journalists and editors use to create content, and also for the design system and components.
Your role will also include:
- Managing at least 7 designers in the team, alongside 3 strong Leads
- Being responsible for creating design components that consumers will see
- Helping develop strategy around visual storytelling, with photography
- Figurehead for all the systems that their global brands use
They are looking for someone with a pragmatic mindset as they’re a very agile, fast moving company so someone from a large tech company would be ideal.
The ideal candidate for them:
- Must be able to think end-to-end
- Should have a more pragmatic than creative mindset, strong on the discovery of the end of the process.
- Happy to work run workshops
- Solid design systems experience, ideally from a big tech company with a clear idea of how the systems are used and making them a central part of their team
- A systems thinker with an abstract mind, thinking of how to get content and looking at how its being used across different sites
What can they offer you?
They’re offering up to £125K for the role and they’ve put a huge emphasis on employee wellbeing through remote and flexible working.
As well as this they offer you:
- 25 Days holiday plus all UK Bank holidays
- Eligible for private healthcare after 12 months’ service
- Throughout the day – you will find a range of healthy fruit to graze on and keep your energy levels high!
- Cycle to work scheme – tax free loan for the bike you’ve had your eye on!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.