This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate user researcher who is keen to branch out and help define the research practice as this leading online gaming company.
Founded in the mid 1990s this company was one of the original gaming sites. They have since helped pioneer the industry and are still one of the market leaders in this sector. They have come a long way from their humble beginnings and now have operations in over 100 countries, and have more than 3.3 million regular users. They have a reputation for being highly innovative in their continued development and not shying away from unusual ideas, as a result they now boast a highly comprehensive and diverse range of online products, creating the a need for a highly talented UX researcher to join the ranks among their already stellar UX team.
It’s a great opportunity for someone to make their mark in defining research practices within an International organisation. As well as undertaking research the successful candidate will be involved in commissioning research agencies.
- Plan, coordinate and run online usability, card sorting, heatmap testing and other studies our tool offers.
- Define the participant profile requirements and work with a participant panel suppliers or our internal communications teams to coordinate/collect the right number of responses needed for analysis of the studies.
- Analyse data from all studies and share findings with stakeholders and UX to ensure UX definition is iterated in line with project plans.
- Define and coordinate lab based studies (roughly 2 a year) including the best use of eye tracking and working with UX to identify the key goals to be tested.
- Work with UX team to understand research needs, plan prototype creation, translation needs and profile selection.
- Work with the Corporate Innovation Department to run larger ad hoc research, such as contextual enquiry studies across Europe.
- Responsible for managing tasks and deliverables from assistant contractor.
Preferably a Masters or Bachelor’s degree educated in a related field be nice. Someone passionate and looking to take the next step. Other desired attributes:
- Experience of managing site copy and giving input to wireframes, prototypes, and master site deliverables is highly advantageous.
- Second language distinct advantage
- Experience using Google analytics is also a distinct advantage
- Experience of identifying research needs based on project goals defined by the business or UX knowledge of lab/online usability studies, eye tracking, heuristic evaluations, competitive benchmarking and other research methodologies used for user facing feedback.
- Experience of running both mobile and web research initiatives writing research plans, study objectives and stories, analysing research findings and feeding back into a project
- Experience of defining participant profiles and working with panels to help find recruits.
- Previous project management experience is an advantage.