VISUAL DESIGNER – for UK’S Leading Scientific Publisher – Central London- Competitive Salary plus great benefits!
Visual Designer for UK’S Leading Scientific Publisher in Central London – DOE!
Talented & Digitally focused Visual Designer sought to join a game changing & user-centred digital publication house.
They are a forward thinking publishing house who have recently undergone a large merger. Looking to put the publishing industry’s ‘antiquated’ stereotypes behind them they are seeking to create visually stunning digital products that improve their millions of users engagement with the publications & facilitate global collaborations.
They are incredibly fast paced, working in a super agile environment & are always looking to innovate within their space.
Currently they are looking to make some key additions to their team, taking on designers who are more than just Photoshop junkies – instead they seek passionate individuals with a real love for their craft & a desire to create digital experiences across a range of platforms – keen to take on new challenges. You should not only be keen to push boundaries within the product but you should always be looking to continually grow themselves & their industry knowledge, be it staying ahead with the latest software or branching out into other design fields.
The Role as Visual Designer
You will work under the Creative Lead across a breadth of projects within an iterative & collaborative environment on a range of projects including;
- Mobile & responsive user interface design
- Working on the online brand & design language
- Creating a number of pixel perfect mock ups for internal useage
- Working on rapid prototypes
- & business as usual briefs!
As a Visual Designer you should be pumped to work on exciting products which are innovating within their industry
Your portfolio should speak on your behalf, containing demonstration of your skills across both large scale web projects & mobile platforms.
You should have :
- 3 + years working in a Digital Design role .
- Strong responsive web & mobile experience demonstrated in your portfolio, experience working with data is particularly beneficial but not essential
- Experience within an agile environment
- Solid understanding of typography, layout & grids
- Rapid Prototyping skills – in whatever suits you best – Marvel , Sketch , InVision, Axure or Omnigraffle etc .
- An understanding of CSS, JS & HTML
- Strong communication skills & a desire to work in a multi-disciplinary team.