UX/UI Designer – Travel Platform
UX/UI Designer for Travel Platform in Leeds – £35,000
My client is a leading travel platform that offers flights and holiday packages throughout Europe. They’ve experienced some amazing success in recent times and are growing their team in line with this and now looking for a talented UX Design to join an established UX and Design team to work on multi-channel solutions for very high traffic sites.
The Role as UX/UI Designer
The UX team are responsible for driving new and exciting user centred developments. As the UX Designer you will be responsible for optimising the end-to-end experience for their website visitors across multiple platforms.
You will work with the design team in identifying, analysing and creating market leading experiences. You’ll collaborate effectively with business and technical teams. You’ll be at home with balancing business requirements with what is right for our users, and effectively deliver measured improvements to our sites.
- Join in the development of the visual and interaction elements of the user experience – ensuring that typography, iconography, layout and brand identity are taken into consideration.
- Get buy-in on conceptual ideas from stakeholders and others around the business
- Sketching concepts / user journeys / wireframes that reflect both business and user needs
- Planning and observing user testing
- Analysing the user testing reports to drive our focus on the websites
- Creating and validating user personas
- Managing relationships with external agencies and freelancers to optimise any outsourced developments
- Studying analytics to understand how users are using our sites and identifying areas for improvement
- Prioritise your own workload
- Work towards achieving business KPIs, e.g. increasing conversion rate and reducing bounce rates
To land this role you’ll be a top UX designer, with a portfolio to prove it. With an increasing number of mobile visitors you’ll be experienced in creating mobile experiences You’ll be able to get involved in large-scale projects, and from concept to launch endeavour to deliver experiences our users want, can easily use, and remember using.
You’ll be able to inspire other designers by spotting areas for improvement from both detailed analytics, and your experience in UX. It will be important to speak up for a user centred approach to everything we do across the business.