UX/UI Designer for Academic Research Platform
UX/UI Designer for Academic Research Platform in London – £40,000 - £45,000
Experienced UX/UI Designer required to join an industry-leading academic research platform in Central London.
The company focus on providing a research platform for various organisations including some of the best-known universities in the world. The platform is socially enabling, and it helps organisations better achieve their goals. It is an informational service that gives insight into what academic research is taking place, who is conducting it and what the expected benefits will be.
There is a friendly office environment, with open-plan seating to enable collaborative, fast-paced work. There is a start-up environment with a flat-structure and approximately 60 employees made up of journalists, editors, tech, product and operations.
The Role as UX/UI Designer
- Conduct an overhaul of the customer experience for their product suite.
- Design a responsive website with features including a new search option, personalised account section, email alerts and recommendations list.
- Conduct user research with the two main user groups; choose the most suitable research methodology for each brief.
- Introduce UX best practices into the company and set up processes.
- Improve site navigation and IA, produce site maps and user journeys.
- Experience of designing solutions across the end to end UX lifecycle
- Pragmatic, team player
- UI skills
- Responsive web design experience
- Adobe Suite, Invision, Sketch for prototyping
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of working alongside a development team and collaborating with front-end developers
- Conducting user research using various methodologies
*Please note that you must have eligibility to work in the UK for this role as the company aren’t offering sponsorship.