UX Researcher – Global Travel Group
UX Researcher for Global Travel Group in West Sussex – up to £45,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a UX Researcher to join an award winning travel group that serves over 30 million customers a year. You will be conducting research and usability tests for multi-platforms (kiosks, TV, mobile). With year on year profit growth, this is an fast paced company that offers lot of opportunity for career progression and development.
You will be working in the customer experience strategy team, which works as a group function across every department. The role will be collaborative and you will regularly meet with stakeholders, liaise with the UX and design teams and provide research where needed across the whole group. A recent customer research questionnaire within one of the brands was completed by over 1 million customers alongside small focus groups. This highlights the importance of research within the company, as well as the scope for large research projects.
An exciting project that the research team are working on currently is to establish the holistic customer journey and define how it can be measured across their whole experience. This includes customer sentiment from their first visit into a branch right through to when they check out of their resort.
The Role as UX Researcher
You will be working on a range of multi-channel projects, reporting to the Lead UX Researcher on projects from early concepts right through to launch and testing. You will support all of the brands with customer insight that will help to shape future products.
- Decide on the best research approach, and estimate research timescales for each project
- Create personas for each brand ensuring and keep these up to date with their audience
- Recruit participants and facilitate workshops, focus groups and in depth interviews to understand customer needs
- Present research findings to key stakeholders
- Write scripts and moderate usability testing sessions (remote if necessary)
Our client is looking for a confident UX Researcher with excellent communication skills to join their growing team. Ideally you will have a degree in a related subject (Human Factors, Anthropology, Ergonomics etc.) along with 2-3 year’s industry experience.
- Solid understanding of both quantitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience of conducting usability tests for various digital channels including mobile, TV and kiosks
- Ability to analyse results efficiently and share the feedback and insights with the team working in Agile
- Experience of choosing a suitable research approach and defining a strategy