Senior UX Designer for super successful global Marketplace
Senior UX Designer for Market Place in Central London – £70,000
A great opportunity has come in for a well round Senior UX Designer to join a super successful online global market place with in their UK Product Development Team to help drive the evolution, UX and visual design of their products.
Based in amazing offices in Central London with unrivaled views of the city my client has grown from a lean start up to a successful global business in just a few years.
Their e-commerce platform has revolutionised their industry making a variety of products available via easy to use and intuitive online experiences across web, tablet and app.
Recently they were recognised as one of the 500 fastest growing technology companies across Europe and have also won multiple marketing awards, including a high profile award for Best Guerrilla Marketing.
With several break out areas with a table tennis table, game consoles they have forged a reputation for being an exciting and fun place to work and are always on the look out for like-minded, hardworking people to join their Frank, Passionate and Innovative Team.
They’re well established as one of the most successful, innovative and highgrowth technology companies in Europe, with a market
cap in excess of £2bn and year-on-year order growth of over 50.
The Role as Senior UX Designer
The opportunity lies within their UK Product Development Team who are responsible for developing and deploying world-class products for UK consumers. They’re a clear market leader in their space but they don’t want to rest on their laurels as their several new comers making attempts to enter their space and regardless of competitors the fact that their’s still a huge untouched market for them to convert.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead projects – leads across the entire product life cycle from concept to delivery for isolated features.
- Lead the product life cycle – defines the processes and standards for documentation, wireframes, and prototypes, as well as ensuring consistent
standards from all UX Designers.
- Proactive performance monitoring – proactively monitors product performance in conjunction with the Product Manager, both qualitative and quantitative, and drives product improvements to solve identified problems.
- Innovation – identify innovation opportunities related to UX and will promote these to the Directors, Heads and Managers of Technology.
- Coaching and mentoring – responsible for inducting new team members
- Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior UX Designers in relation to specific skills and for general career progression
- Evangelise the work of their team to other teams and potentially publically (blogs/speaking etc).
As the Senior UX you will be someone who has a proven track record of taking products to the next level – someone who can create simple and intuitive user experiences. You’ll be an original thinker with a highly creative mind, a strong creative vision, and an instinctive sense of how consumers interact with e-commerce services.
- ability to define and advocate for UX and the UX strategy across all of Technology.
- Excellent and proactive communication and presentation skills to stakeholders at all
- levels of seniority, their team colleagues and customers
- Domain knowledge of at least one platform (web, android, iOS), and a deep
understanding of either the consumer or business domain
- Experience of user centered design principles & working in agile development teams
- Experience in mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
- Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and proactively secure the objectives of the business