UX Designer – Tech hub of Insurance Giant
UX Designer for Insurance Giant in London – up to £55,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a UX Designer (with a minumum 2 year's experience) to join a 'Technology Hub' within an Insurance Giant in London. You will be an integral hire within the team, set on becoming a new agile competitor that is seeking to disrupt the insurance industry. You will be creating highly innovative consumer focused products in line with the company's digital transformation strategy.
The global insurance giant have recently opened the technology hub in London to pull together a diverse and determined team, set on reinventing new products across multiple platforms. With the number one focus on product innovation, the team will be using data analytics, social media, marketing and customer insight to achieve its goal.
This is a forward thinking hub that hold hackathons to quickly deliver new products that their customers want. You will also have the opportunity to work with specialist agencies to tap into emerging technologies, including for example artificial intelligence.
With a customer base of 30 million across the globe, you will be working with large amounts of data to inform and develop new products and services that will provide real value. There are also great benefits with the role including 29 days holiday, a very competitive pension scheme and annual bonus.
The Role as UX Designer
As a UX Designer in the team, you will be tasked with providing specialist UX knowledge and sharing UX best practice principles across the newly formed technology hub. Working with a wide variety of stakeholders including product owners, scrum managers and developers to name a few, you will be responsible for driving product focused output.
- Work collaboratively to produce UX design deliverables (personas, user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
- Conduct user research and present findings and recommendations with potential solutions
- Help to shape the UCD strategy and principles to ensure the customer’s voice is represented
- Engage stakeholders across the business and communicate deliverables
Our client is looking for a creative, personable UX Designer that is passionate about the latest digital trends and industry updates. The tech hub is following a start-up model but with the backing of a major insurance player. There will be a high number of new products trialled every year, and the team are prepared to fail in order to succeed.
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual and analytical thinking in order to inform UX designs
- Identify opportunities for user testing, deciding on the best method (guerrilla, lab based, AB etc.)
- Experience of using tools including Axure, Balsamic, Visio and Morae
- Strong portfolio reflecting your experience as a UCD practitioner, with broad experience of conducting research, analysis, design and usability testing