UX Designer required for Data Driven Design and Technology Studio
UX Designer for Design and Technology Studio in London – £35,000 - £45,000
This is an exciting new opportunity for a UX Designer to work on complex, data driven designs within an innovative design and technology studio in London.
Our client is a boutique design and technology studio that provide expertise in strategy, UX, design and technology. The team can add value to digital products through communicating data in a smarter, more appealing way. With a lot of self-initiated R&D projects, you will help the team to deliver valuable content to a wide and varied audience.
Working with clients in a partnership, you will have the opportunity to work on short and long term projects. An impressive project that the team worked on with a large publishing client was to develop their mobile digital strategy and product delivery. To give readers an innovative and unique iPad experience, the team focused on producing rich visual stores to immerse the readers in every story. The design studio focused on taking big stories and hard data and turning these complex issues into simple interactions. The engaging data visualisations helped to increase the clients iPad app subscriptions, solidifying the strong relationship with the studio.
The Role as UX Designer
You will be given responsibility to work across the full UCD process from the day one, with scope to shape the role as you see fit. There will be lots of problem solving, and you will be working on complex big data projects that require smart design thinking.
- Meet with the client to define and discuss the business requirements
- Conduct user research / facilitate workshops to gain customer insight
- Working iteratively, create UX deliverables including paper sketches, user journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes etc.
- As a self-starter, pro-actively discover new UX briefs
- Translate huge data sets into easy to understand visualisations
Our client is looking for a UX Designer with approximately 3 to 4 years experience, that has a solid understanding of the UCD process and experience of working with clients in a variety of sectors. It would be bonus if you have a good eye for design, and can present the UX deliverables in an engaging way.
- Have an impressive UX Design portfolio that displays your design thinking and process as a story
- Ability to implement a pragmatic UCD process
- Experience of working on a variety of platforms including tools, systems and software
- Have a good oversight of the digital industry and trends (including attending UX events and meet-ups, reading/writing blogs etc.)
- Effective communicator that works well in small, collaborative teams