UX Designer – Music Technology Platform
UX Designer for Music Technology Platform in London – £40,000 - £60,000
We are working with a technology company that have created a software platform to help musicians and artists alike to track the use of their music. To date, the platform has been very successful with over 5000 clients signed up to their platform but the time has come to give their flagship product an overhaul and they are looking for a talented UX designer to join the team to play a key role in shaping and delivering the product.
My client is a music technology company that have created a software platform to help musicians and artists alike to track the use of their music. To date, the platform has been very successful with over 5000 clients signed up to their platform but the time has come to give their flagship product an overhaul.
Their product is very much a market leading piece of technology that has allowed musicians to track the usage through various channels such as Spotify, YouTube, Vevo etc.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, medical insurance, travel insurance, death in service benefit and permanent health cover, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers, company pension.
The Role as UX Designer
Joining an emerging and growing Product and UX team you will be instrumental in the IA and UX aspects of the product development lifecycle. This is a high profile role as you will be responsible for delivering compelling, functional and elegant IA and design solutions across the range of applications and products. You will be joining at a crucial time when there is a significant redesign project and a long-term roadmap to deliver. We seek a team mate who is a self-starter who thrives as a UX specialist and is an analytical thinker and excellent problem solver.
You will work with our Lead Product Designer alongside 4 motivated product managers, a large team of engineers and business stakeholders. The products include a data heavy core business application used by internal staff and a web client portal that presents account data to clients. The product team is currently working with business units on a long-term product roadmap to service their specific requirements.
To land the role you will have:
- Excellent command of UX and IA design principles demonstrated in a portfolio
- A strong data background where you can break down complex data into simple and digestible information/experience. Experience in building dashboard based products is a huge plus
- Familiarity with flow chart, storyboarding, mockup, prototyping and wireframing tools (Sketching, Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigiraffe, etc – though you can suggest or use new tools which suit the task)
- Analytical thinker with strong creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; an ability to explain your thinking, influence decision makers and an ability to work independently or in a group
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines. The ability to self-start and self-manage is a must.
- Remaining flexible and professional under pressure and come to work each day with a positive attitude
- Keep team informed of industry trends, best practices and evolving technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent related work experience