UX Designer for Experience Design Agency
UX Designer for Experience Design Agency in Central London – £35,000 - £40,000
An experience design agency working with the likes of Google are looking for a talented and driven UX designer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior on the cusp of becoming a MW UX Designer, and you'll have the opportunity to travel to their San Francisco and New York offices to work on a wider variety of projects.
The agency specialise in creating strategies, building products and services and creating amazing experiences for big brands such as Google, Virgin, Facebook, Mastercard, Sainsburys, Youtube, Apple plus many more. Their mission is to help these companies make their products more enjoyable, simpler and easier to use.
Recent projects include a fundraising app for a children’s charity and a money comparison site responsive redesign.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, with an extra bonus of 5-8 days when the office closes over Christmas. There is a good work-life balance (working hours 9.30 – 6pm), the potential for working from home one day per week and the office is stocked with breakfast goodies and fruit as well as wine and beer on tap.
The Role as UX Designer
You will be working in a collaborative team alongside visual designers, researchers, creative technologists and a UX Design Director in the London office. You will be the UX ‘go to’ for 1-2 clients at a time and will have responsibility from day one.
- Conduct user research using various methodologies and create personas
- Produce high-quality deliverables including sketches, site maps, user journeys and flows
- Keep up to date with industry trends
- Use a range of tools including Sketch, Axure, InVision and Principle
- Help junior team members as needed
You must be a confident communicator and enjoy working collaboratively with others. The ability to sketch or quickly prototype concepts is also a big plus. On the software side, you will work primarily in Sketch, Invision and Principle, although you may also use Axure occasionally.
- Strong portfolio showing your UX approach and thinking as well as high-quality deliverables
- Client facing experience would be a plus as you will work closely with their teams
- Ambition to develop as a UX designer, and an interest in visiting the US offices to help with various projects and broaden your skill set
- Strong communication and presentation skills