User Researcher for International Payments Company
User Researcher for International Payments Company in London (Zone 1) – £60,000
I am looking for a Senior level User Researcher to join as the first researcher in a newly formed digital team at an international payments company. This is a great opportunity to gain an understanding of a diverse range of users and help turn complex concepts into simple and compelling solutions.
Our client is an innovative international payments company that currently serves over 35 million customers every year globally. They have a large and well-recognised brand presence, and their mission is to design innovative digital services and products. Headquartered in London, the newly formed digital team is helping the company to expand into new markets and grow its online platform.
There is an exciting new international payments card launching this summer that allows customers to spend abroad without fees and charges, just as if you were using it in the UK. There is a wide variety of products and services offered by the company including travel insurance, international money transfer and currency conversion to name a few.
The Role as User Researcher
You will be working in a collaborative team alongside a talented Head of UX, Interaction Designers, developers, devops, product managers and visual designers. There is a fast-paced environment in the offices, and key decisions and based on user insight and backed up by data.
- Conducting user research for a wide range of products on mobile and desktop. Projects may include conducting usability tests on a new currency exchange app, considering the on and off screen interactions with users, ethnographic research in one of the stores and research for future travel and finance products.
- Working in an Agile process, you will be facilitating workshops, brainstorming ideation, mentoring junior team members, running focus groups, 1:1 interviews, usability tests etc.
- Communicate research findings across the organisation and provide actionable insight
You will have a minimum of 3 year’s industry experience as a researcher and it is important that you are a strategic thinker that can take the initiative to drive change in the team and organisation.
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to communicate the insights and research findings to various stakeholders in the business
- Desire to be the user advocate within the digital team, mentoring and training new team members
- Experience of conducting research for complex, data-rich applications and services