User Experience Designer For A Successful Online Gaming company
UX Designer for Online Gaming in London – £40,000
Are you a UX designer with 2+ years’ experience, who is looking to start their career by working for a fun and innovative gaming brand? If so then look no further!
Our client is on a mission to become the world’s most entertaining and exciting online gaming enterprise, they started with just one game in 2001, now 14 years down the line they have won 5 prestigious awards for their games and designs, working with some of the biggest names in online gaming including Virgin Games and Sun bingo. They offer a really fun work culture in their innovative and exciting offices that are located in central London where you wouldn’t be surprised to find Mexican wrestlers or circus acts roaming around. They offer weekly sporting events as well as regular outings and family picnics, their culture is not just what you can see, and they are not afraid of a bit of hard work and love to get stuck in wherever they can! Their moto is to have fun, making fun and their vision is to invent, play and discover together, to craft experiences that thrill their players and rock the world.
The Role as UX Designer
As a Mid UX designer you will bring your skill to optimise our products and services by researching, creating personas, user flows and wireframes across multiple devices and platforms. The client is passionate about the users and therefore want to design the best solution for their audience, they want to ensure their sites and games are the most intuitive in the biz meaning their players will love them and keep coming back.
- Creating and validating designs for multiple devices and platforms
- Presenting deliverables and findings to internal stakeholders, clients and other team members
- Doing research, conceptualizing, designing and prototyping new features for core and new products.
- Ensuring the best design practices on all our platforms
- Understand and incorporate technical, business and user requirements into designs
- Moving seamlessly from whiteboard sketches, Lo-fi Wireframes and Hi-fi Wireframes to interactive prototypes
- Collaborating with Visual Designers, Front and Back-End development.
- Facilitating project teams through the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating appropriate level of changes
- Supporting and/or conducting iterative usability testing in parallel with development
To land this role you will be a flexible and hardworking individual with a good attention to details and a solid understanding of the principles of modern design. You will be working on some exciting and cutting edge products so you will need to have a real thirst for knowledge and passion for great user centred design.
- Previous UX experience and a design portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge and experience for web and/or mobile platforms
- A knowledge of wire framing tool Omnigraffle or Axure
- Be familiar with terminology such as responsive design and Agile work environments
- The ability to work both in a team and on your own efficiently
- The ability to incorporate business and tech requirements into design without compromising the quality of deliverables into tangible business value.