UK’s leading retailer is seeking Lead Designer to transform their Online Presence!
Lead Visual Designer for National Retail Giants in London – £60,000 - £70,000
The Uk's leading retailer are seeking a Talented Lead Visual Designer to disrupt the Brand!
Our client is one of the largest retailers in the UK – with over 700 stores nationwide, it’s safe to say that they are at the top of their game. They are now looking to conquer the digital world and with 340 million visits a year they are well on their way.
In the last few years our client has gone through a massive visual rebrand and are now looking to transform their brand digitally – they are seeking a Lead Visual Designer to take ownership of the digital brand and catapult their way to be a game changer in the industry.
The Role as Lead Visual Designer
The main objective of the Lead Visual Designer is to change the way the brand is perceived in the digital space.
The lead visual designer will have control over the overall digital direction whilst managing and supporting multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions to bring the brand to life. You will also be supporting the Head of UX in delivering strategic creative solutions to drive the brand and digital experience forward and ensure that all work undertaken by the Visual Designers is executed to the highest standards.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drive striking and innovative UI design across our platforms and products (responsive web, store browsers and mobile apps). Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking, whilst being able to execute pixel perfect design that is detailed and thorough.
- Mentor team members and support their growth.
- Work with Brand, Marketing and Publication to interpret the branding guidelines into appropriate digital assets and furniture.
- Simplify complex interaction problems and act as an advocate for customer centred digital design within the business.
- Delivering presentations to relevant stakeholder of the business
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging patterns.
You will be an experienced Lead Visual Designer with a track record of supervising teams of visual designers, who is an exceptional Brand advocate. You will be a highly conceptual thinker who can work across the business and translate to the digital channels. As the Lead Designer you will enjoy working in a full service environment and you will have the desire to produce the best visual experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel.
Other attributes include:
- 8+ years’ experience designing digital interfaces.
- Portfolio of demonstration that you have worked on large scale websites, applications and/or mobile interfaces.
- Strong conceptual thinking and a deep understanding of brand.
- Previous experience managing/supervising teams of designers
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- An appreciation of UX and how it contributes to the final product.
Do you have a fire in your belly to work on more complex environments than yet-another-shopping-cart? Then I would love to hear from you. Please click apply button attaching a cover letter, CV and Portfolio to move you forward to the next stages of the application.