3 x Technical Architects for Government project
Technical Architect for Government department in Central London – £550 per day - £650 per day
A major digital government transformation project needs 3 Open-sourced focused Technical Architects with experience of working on complex enterprise level products. You’ll be rebuilding a service that is used by every single adult in the United Kingdom making it more efficient and easier to use, positively impacting the experience had by millions of individuals.
As a Technical Architect, the emphasis is on writing accessible well-structured and re-usable code – you’ll need to have excellent Full stack experience ideally of Ruby/Python but it’s not essential.
The contracts are 6 months initially but should last for a minimum of 2 years. If you’re considering transitioning over to freelance from perm, this is a great opportunity as there is a good amount of security in terms of length.
A track record of specifying, developing and deploying architectures and infrastructure for software applications and a ‘hands-on’ approach
You have demonstrable experience of:
- Designing and implementing software systems – i.e. as a programmer
- Managing large-scale technology implementations
- Following an evolutionary architecture approach to software architecture
- Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM etc)
- Building and scaling high-traffic websites and/or high volume transaction processing
- Caching, security and database (document, object and relational) techniques and technical implementation methods
- Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques, such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON, and web programming frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Scala
- Both relational (e.g. MySQL, Postgress) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo Db)
- Embedding and effective implementation of API and Web services architectures
- Automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions
- Use and deployment on cloud based platforms
- A proven focus on strategic alignment of technical design and architecture to meet business growth and direction
- Enthusiastic about and experienced with open source solutions and community
- Confident communicator, adept at explaining technical issues to non-technical colleagues including senior stakeholders and advocating for more effective approaches to digitising services
- Experience of working in large development teams
- Strong agile experience
- Experience of working on Government projects.
If you’d like to apply or know more, please send your CV to email@example.com