Service Designer For Specialist Design Agency
Service Designer for Design Agency in London – Up to £80,000
I am looking for a lead service designer to work with an agency that specialise in complex and interesting projects.
My client prides itself in designing innovative design solutions and services across a range of high profile clients including some real meaty projects for the government. They boast the ability to completely reframe a business to survive in the new digital economy. Recent projects include a massively successful project for a luxury car service which includes a virtual store which gives the experience of a showroom that you can view cars and book in a test drive and review for any other potential driver. This platform also included an aftercare services where if purchased you can get advice from the showroom and review your new ride. They have beautiful London offices that have a real friendly and collaborative feel to them. Unlike many agencies they boast a great benefits package from health care through to paid weekends away with your partner.
The Role as Service Designer
This role will see you taking organisations through a transformation by creating and defining past services across multiple projects. You will be working to create a service blue print and identify where problems lie for a client and come up with solutions how to combat where customers or potential customers get frustrated or lose interest. As this client believes with certain projects you need to really absorb yourself to be successful in really living the customer experience, it means this role may involve some travel within the UK.
- Quantitative and qualitative evidence gathering and analysis
- Understanding and mapping of existing and to-be journeys, across all systems, stakeholders and processes, with ability to collate evidence and insights into an exec-friendly ‘blueprint’
- Taking a holistic view over many systems, decipher their interactions, and highlight the inefficiencies, and hence areas and opportunities to improve
- Creating innovative approaches (digital or otherwise) to address client challenges, and background of designing and executing proof of concepts/prototypes to validate and develop these ideas
To be successful in this role you will have a bit of fire in your belly and will have the confidence to take control of meetings with stakeholders and persuade business by your designs and solutions.
- Past experience incorporating data into a service design approach to hypothesize, experiment and validate assumptions, with experience working with data specialists, or at least an understanding of how data science can be used within a service design context
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to speak clearly and insightfully about service design concepts, business models, strategic challenges and a broad range of related approaches and ideas. They will be expected to demonstrate this intelligence and awareness internally and with clients and their customers.
- A great understanding of businesses and how they operate, with an ability to challenge our clients’ strategy and approach within areas as diverse as product strategy, operating model, systems and processes, all within the context of a wider system, in order to identify problems and opportunities outside of digital assets and systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment with cross discipline teams