Service Designer For Fun and Exciting Design Agency
Service Designer for Fun and Interesting Design Agency in London – £55,000 (some flex)
I am looking for a mid-weight UX designer who is ready to take the next step in their career by working for an awesome design agency as a service designer/ experience planner.
My client is a rare breed of working on both fun and innovation projects such as VR and experimental technology as well as meaty and complex systems for large banking clients and health care. This means as well as giving you the opportunity to have a wider experience than most but it will also look great on your portfolio. For instance a recent project was for a major sports wear brand on a VR project for a sporting event that lets you get immersed in the game whilst advertising a new product which proved hugely popular. Creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged here and they really show this in their beautiful East London offices with blackboard and posters all around to spark ideas. There is a real collaborative feel to this office with the MD in an unofficial meeting next to people taking a well-deserved break by playing ping pong.
The Role as Service Designer
This role will see you working collaboratively with other service designers, UI designers and front end devs to really strip back products based on user’s needs you have identified via various research methods. You will be working on the long term strategy on how a customers would feel after an experience has taken place and would to bring them back to the client again.
- Collaborating with UI designers and front end devs to execute user centred designs
- Presenting back to senior stakeholders and peers
- Be on top of interaction design and technology trends
- creating user journeys, prototyping and wireframe design
- Performing other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role you will be a friendly and social individual who are able to immerse themselves with their work and really see things in the eyes of the user to create beautiful and intuitive designs.
- 3+ years’ experience in UX design for web applications and mobile devices
- Strong visual communication and conceptualization ability
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Experience with creating wireframes
- Strong working knowledge of Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies