Senior UX/UI Designer for Big Data Software Company
Senior UX/UI Designer for Big Data Software Company in West London – £45,000 - £55,000
Do you want to work for a niche software provider that provide complex design solutions for the oil and shipping industries? This is a great opportunity to make a big impact within a small team with a real emphasis on career progression and development.
Our client is a B2B software provider that help mid-sized players ($200million to $1 billion worth of transactions every year) with their trading activities. This includes finding the best product at the best price in the best location. They have a subscription-based cloud model and client contracts typically last 5 years. Their clients are based in Europe, the US, Middle East and potentially expanding into Asia next year.
There is a fast-paced start-up feel within the London office (10 employees in Lond0n). Working in Agile, the company also have offices in Romania and India (80 employees) where the development teams are located.
Hard work is rewarded, so this role offers progression within the company alongside an annual salary review. Benefits include an annual company trip to India, 20 days holiday, annual bonus, pension, health insurance and a training budget.
The Role as Senior UX/UI Designer
As a niche company in the market, there is lots of room to expand further by iterating their products to meet market demand. They’re continuously conceptualising new features and product ideas. For example, they have an AI workshop coming up to see how this technology could improve their products.
The Senior UX/UI Designer will report into the Head of Product and mentor a Junior Product Designer in the team. There are also two Junior UX/UI Designers based in India that you will collaborate with. You will be responsible for improving the customer experience and usability across the 3 key products.
- Conduct user research with clients, gain an understanding into their current use and gather business requirements
- Work closely with the BA to understand the complex business processes
- Make suggestions based on the research findings and prioritise new features
- Produce deliverables including sketches, wireframes, user flows and prototypes
- Gain an in-depth overview of current internal processes and put a UX process into place in the business
- Revamp current suite of products to make them more user-friendly
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients across the world – maximum 30% travel every year
- Previous experience of designing complex B2b solutions would be ideal
- Real problem solver and ability to work with complex data sets
- Ability to conduct user research using a variety of methodologies and collate research findings
- Conceptual thinking required – keep on top of the technology available
- Be the go-to for all things UX in the company and share learning with the team
- This person will be required to work across the full UX lifecycle, but also do some of the visuals on the wireframes & prototypes. There is a Junior visual designer but a UXer with visual skills / background in UI would be ideal.