Senior Project Manager/Project Director for a challenger Sport VOD Product
Digital Senior Project Manager / Project Director for Challenger Sport VOD Product in London – £70k - £80k
A Senior-level Digital Project Manager is needed for a new innovative and market-challenging video on demand product. This is a chance to work on a product that in the next couple of years will be a household name.
This is a truly unique chance to be part of the launch of product described as the Netflix for sporting events. They are launching this product oversees early next year and therefore are looking to get somebody on board ASAP to help with the cutting edge designs across multiple platforms. This Product will be rolled out globally over the next few years and will become a household name. This company work in an agile and collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy. You will be able to work with and learn from a team of talented product owners who have launched some of the world’s best loved products, including VOD services.
The Role as Digital Senior Project Manager / Project Director
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the initial technical delivery of this product and then, the on-going development of a digital video service globally across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes). You will collaborate with internal teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team on the product roadmap, and manage the technology strategy and technical delivery with external development partners.
- Collaborate with the product team and UX Design teams on the product requirements documents, wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Be responsible for ensuring all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved with the QA team.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivery including market place obstacles and technical issues.
- Establish and monitor service level metrics relative to business goals.
- Review and approve proposed development releases.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
- Resolve technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Essential Experience required for this experience of Digital Senior Project Manager / Project Director
- •7+ years’ digital experience, 3 – 4 years’ of which at a Senior-level Project Manager or Project Director.
- •Proven experience leading successful digital delivery in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- •Hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- •Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- •Must have experience in managing 3rd party agencies, including outsourced software development partners.
- •You will have experience of launching products globally and understand the challenges of this.
- •Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- •Experience in the development of a high-profile digital video service ideal.
- •Knowledge of end-to-end video delivery technologies ideal.
- •General interest in sport a real advantage.
- •German or Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
If you are a Senior Project Manager or Project Director in Digital and interested in this role, please do send your CV as the client is looking to get someone on board ASAP.