Senior Project Manager for Independent Education Publisher
Senior Project Manager for Independent Education Publisher in London – £50,000 - £55,000
This Senior Project Manager role is working on a digital education platform.
This client is a leading online education publications company who’s online books, journals and audio’s are read, listened to and used worldwide. They are known for their commitment to quality and innovation, expanding their offering and creating a range of digital solutions to better support the demand.
The Role as Senior Project Manager
This role of Senior Project Manager will see you being responsible for overseeing a major project for the companies publishing platforms. This will involve the migration of over 900 journals onto a new platform. AS Senior Project Manager you would own the overarching project schedule and ensure successful delivery, which will include co-ordinating across departments to ensure scope is managed and deliverables are met. You would report into the Project Board, responsible for escalating risks, scope or any proposed schedule changes.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure they are abreast of project status, risks and deliverables;
- Work with project stream leads to validate project scope and KPIs;
- Develop and manage detailed overarching project plan, milestone schedule, project estimates, and resource allocation plans;
- Conduct project status meetings as appropriate to ensure timely and efficient resolution of project issues;
- Lead project management process definition for the platform migration with external supplier and ensure project plan is in keeping with that of the suppliers;
- Manage key collaborations with requirements leads from key company departments involved: Publishing Technologies, Online Products, Marketing, Commercial Sales, Fulfilment and Production, QA.
Essential Experience Required for this role of Senior Project Manager:
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience of digital project management;
- Experience at a Senior level, including managing more junior Project Managers;
- Experience delivering large-scale digital projects, including platform migration(s);
- Ideally you will have worked within a publishing organisation, particularly in academic journal publishing;
- Ability to work well with large stakeholder boards, both internally and externally;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Team work and a customer focussed mentality with the ability to multi-task.