Senior Java Developer for digital transformation
Senior Java Developer for Government Department in Sheffield – £500 - £575 per day
A Senior Java Developer is needed to work on-site at a government institution one of the largest digital transformations occurring in the UK currently, you’ll be working on ground-zero redesigns of cores services building complex, enterprise level data heavy applications. You’ve ideally worked on public Sector and .Gov projects before and know the best practices on everything from accessibility, architecture and security. The contract is 6 months rolling.
You’re comfortable with:
- Configuration management tools – , e.g. Git.
- Automation and building frameworks – e.g. Ant/Maven.
- Unit testing frameworks – e.g. JUnit.
- BDD frameworks – e.g. JBehave.
- Functional testing frameworks, e.g. Selenium.
- CI tools, e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl.
- Continuous delivery with dependency management solutions such as Nexus.
- Significant exposure to platform-level development – services (Web Services, RESTful services), API design and enterprise integration patterns, messaging technologies (JMS, MQ, or similar).
- Production system experience – has lived with the impact of software and system design decisions on manageability, supportability, troubleshooting.
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and management technologies. Examples: profiling tools, Chef / Puppet, Capistrano, JMX, Nagios etc).
If you’re available and would like to know more – APPLY NOW!!!