Senior iOS developer needed for trendy lifestyle publisher
Senior iOS Developer for Trendy lifestyle publisher in Central London - Zone 1 – £50,000 -£60,000
A trendy lifestyle publisher who resonate with millions around the world are looking for a Senior iOS Developer to own their mobile experience
This lifestyle publisher has been the ‘go-to’ for finding what’s hot in cities across the globe for almost 50 years, succeeding as a vital source of inspiration and guidance for the urban adventurer. With a global reach and brand presence in 89 cities and 39 countries worldwide along with 39 million readers and 7 million unique visitors, monthly to their digital platforms. As the sole iOS developer you’ll be responsible for owning the mobile experience for one of the best loved brands around creating an experience that resonates with the generations.
You’ll be working in their trendy central London studios which mirror the fun culture of the people, they have a large kitchen and in-house studio with state of the art equipment. They offer a fast paced start-up environment with huge brand recognition and the financial backing of a global enterprise.
The Role as Senior iOS Developer
As the iOS developer you’ll be developing and maintaining their mobile platforms ensuring a best in class mobile app experience for users across the globe. You’ll have complete control of your technical tools, “the how” you build the apps. They have a strong emphasis on re-usable code and on using the most up to date technologies and provide a training budget to make sure your skills remain current. Your first task will be the maintenance of the current app before you can begin prototyping and building new features and a next-gen app. You’ll be the sole iOS developer working in a small close-knit cross disciplined team of 16, a mix of FE, PHP, Scala and QA’s who are incredibly collaborative and supportive.
- Design and build advanced enterprise level applications for the iOS platform.
- Ensure optimum performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
As a Senior iOS Developer you have a track record of building visually rich, large scale enterprise applications with a great user experience.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of iOS, iOS UI guidelines, concurrency on iOS.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Hands on experience with Swift / Objective C
- Programmatic UI with auto layout.
- Unit testing.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Knowledge of social media SDKs, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Android experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in an agile but structured environment.
If you’d like to find out more apply with a copy of your CV and your portfolio.