Senior Front-End Software Engineer for Future Tech Start-Up Specialising in VR & Social Experiences
Senior Front-End Software Engineer for Future Tech Start-Up Specialising in VR & Social Experiences in East London (Tech City) – £50,000 - £60,000 + Option Shares
My client is a Creative Agency/Start-Up that specialise in working with brands to interact with their customers through Virtual Reality experiences.
They currently have absolutely no competition in this exciting and cutting edge niche of future tech, and as they plan to grow over the next 6-12 months, it is a great time to join!
The Role as Senior Front-End Software Engineer
This Senior Front-End Software Engineer role is an amazing opportunity to join this niche tech agency that is passionate about both development and design. You will have the opportunity to take ownership and push the limits of what is possible for their customers and users. You will be working on the following:
- Re-building their web based tool/product alongside the founders and the designer. This will involve exploring who their customers are, and how to provide the ultimate experience
- Adopting reliable and speedy workflows that allow regular delivery of requirements
- Caring about, and maintaining the code, website and associated tools you build to a high quality
- Implementing internationalisation, localisation, and accessibility features
- Keeping up to date with various trends and innovations in VR
- Have a user and data first approach
As they specialise in utilising future tech, this role is both challenging and exciting as you will be constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible for your clients and users.
My client truly is after a personality rather than a perfect CV. They need a self-starter that doesn’t require much management, and can identify business challenges and solve them autonomously.
As well as this, previous experience and knowledge in the following is essential:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Be able to assist in back end developemtn and project architecture
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as React,-based stacks, Angular, Ember or Meteor
- Knowledge and experience using API design (REST/RPC etc) with client side applications
Experience with the following would be a bonus:
- VR tech such as WebGL, three.js, ReactVR, A-Frame, WebVR
- Single Page App and serverless approaches and architechtures
- GraphQL, Redux, React, Node and Relay
- HTML5, accessibility, structured data (such as schema.org)
- BEM, PostCSS, CSS Modules
If this sounds like you, apply now with your portfolio and CV!