Senior Front End Developer
Senior Front End Developer (React) for Fintech company in Lonon – £75,000
At the heart of all of this is their Engineering function who are looking for an enthusiastic Front-End Engineer to help them transform their website into a first class modern website that their users will use and love.
What are they looking for?
They’re looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you spot an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions and use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write code so clean, fast and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle
- comfortable mixing greenfield solutions with legacy code to evolve system
- advocate and a practitioner of TDD /BDD
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
What a typical week looks like?
- Develop new user-facing features used by millions of users
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to other process areas and systems and recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Maintaining high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Mastery of JavaSript / HTML / CSS
- Expert experience with styling and responsive design techniques, mobile first website development using technologies such as HTML5, LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance and scalability as key focus
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Experience with automated JS testing using Karma, Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Proficient understanding of REST API’s
- Experience with Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins)
- Experience with versioning systems such Git / SVN
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure / AWS
- TDD, XP and Agile practices
- SOLID principles
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
Nice to Haves
- Solid understanding of OOD / OOP
- Experience with writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with distributed micro-service design principles
- Experience with various tech stacks such as .NET / Java
- Experience with relational databases SQL / PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB
- Experience with HATEOS
- An excellent track record of evolving software to be better continuously
- Experience of running code katas and improvement sessions for the team
- Have Open Source projects or other public code contributions that showcase your talent