Senior Digital Delivery Manager for Leading Public Sector Organisation
Senior Digital Delivery Manager for Digitally-Leading Public Sector Organisation in North East England – £600 - £700/day
A fascinating opportunity to be part of the largest digital transformation project in Europe in the management and leadership of a team of Agile digital project managers in designing a suite of innovative digital products. This 12+ month contract is based in North East England.
This organisation are at the very early stages of transforming how 80,000 colleagues collaborate across the department. Their Goal is that the department will have ‘always on’ collaboration services, on a device that suits them and their role, including instant messaging, video conferencing, interactive whiteboard sessions, document sharing, collaborative editing, intelligent search, micro blogging and online communities, and easy to use intranet; this will allow them to find, support, collaborate, learn and celebrate with any colleague on any topic, from any connected device at any time from any place.
This role as Senior Digital Delivery Manager will see the creation and implementation of this digital product. You will be responsible for managing Agile development sprints and projects. This includes working with the Product Owner to create product roadmaps and defining project needs.
The role supports the transformation of their services to enable the department to become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation, utilising cloud technologies & suppliers as appropriate, whilst growing technical subject matter expertise within the team. The role and function will play a key role in enabling collaboration across the department and underpin our journey towards the Department’s 2020 vision.
- Managing delivery of Agile projects and Agile Project Managers using open source technologies.
- Manage a team of developers to deliver new functionality using agile methodologies
- Defining development sprints
- Planning, execution and closing of delivery
- Managing internal analysts, developers, testers (as appropriate).
- Directing and motivating the delivery team(s)
- Developing and growing technical capability of self and team.
- Financial management of the end to end service.
- Creating and managing a technical release schedule.
Essential Experience Required for this Role:
- Experience at Senior Delivery Manager level working in a public sector organisation or commercial organisation.
- Proven experiencing working in an agile environment delivering challenging technical projects.
- Managed in-house technical development & delivery teams to deliver technical projects using ideally open source products.
- Managed outsourced suppliers on technical projects.
- Performed system integration roles to deliver technical projects.
- Experience of delivering into a front-line operational business area.
- Experience of delivering Intranet / Web Applications or with Drupal would be useful
- Experience of operating according to recognised Commercial disciplines within government procurement framework
- Project Management practitioner qualification