Senior Android Developer for a chic lifestyle publisher
Lead Android Deveoper for Lifestyle publisher in Central London – £60,000 - £75,000
An android developer is needed to join a well-known brand with a start-up vibe and own the android experience.
This lifestyle publisher has been the ‘go-to’ for finding what’s hot in cities across the globe for almost 50 years, succeeding as a vital source of inspiration and guidance for the urban adventurer. With a global reach and brand presence in 89 cities and 39 countries worldwide along with 39 million readers and 7 million unique visitors, monthly to their digital platforms. As the sole Android developer you’ll be responsible for owning the mobile experience for one of the best loved brands around creating an experience that resonates with the generations.
You’ll be working in their trendy central London studios which mirror the fun culture of the people, they have a large kitchen and in-house studio with state of the art equipment. They work in a fluid start-up environment with huge brand recognition and the financial backing of a global enterprise.
The Role as Lead Android Deveoper
As the Android developer you’ll be developing and maintaining their mobile platforms ensuring a best in class mobile app experience for users across the globe. You’ll have complete control of your technical tools, “the how” you build the apps. They have a strong emphasis on re-usable code and on using the most up to date technologies and provide a training budget to make sure your skills remain current. Your first task will be the maintenance of the current app before you can begin prototyping and building new features and a next-gen app. You’ll be the sole Android developer working in a small close-knit cross disciplined team of 16, a mix of FE, PHP, Scala and QA’s who are incredibly collaborative and supportive.
As the Lead Android developer at this well known brand you have:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of popular third party libraries such as Volley, Picasso, Gson.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Knowledge of benchmarking and optimisation.
- Knowledge of social media SDKs, such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you’d like to find out more, send your CV through and APPLY NOW!!!