Product Manager for World-Leading Football Club
Digital Product Manager (Apps) for World-Leading Football Club in North West England – £55k - £65k
Digital Product Manager (apps) to work with a world-leading football club in their North-West offices.
This role is working with one of the world’s leading football clubs, working in their North-West based offices. This club isn’t just about football, it’s a brand, for some people, it’s a way of life. To support this, they have built up a digital team to build omni-channel digital products that support their players, their managers, as well as give their millions of fans globally the chance to be involved in the football clubs culture.
The Role as Digital Product Manager (Apps)
This role of Digital Product Manager will see you leading the entire app estate within the Football Club. These products span across iOS & Android for phone, tablet and wearable technology and you will manage the product feature backlogs, product roadmaps, user testing and visual design. You will also own all communications regarding feature development and upcoming releases. You will be the authoritative voice for all the apps for the club and be the most up-to-date with the market trends to create, develop and re-design the apps to be top of their class. You will be working closely with Apple and Google to ensure their apps remain at the forefront of sporting innovation.
- Contribute to increasing user base, downloads and app usage;
- Help to define and own the product roadmap as well as product backlog for the apps;
- Initiate research and user testing against your concepts and products to ensure they meet the customer needs.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to help define / refine product descriptions and benefits and ensure an appropriate digital marketing strategy is in place for the products.
- Prioritise product features and provide the appropriate clarifications to the design, UX and development teams
- Manage the tracking and metrics for user behaviour, product and feature usage.
Essential Requirements for the role of Digital Product Manager:
This football club is looking for someone who has product managed apps, with the emphasis around the user-engagement. Someone who has worked with a user and creative focus is essential. You will also be the type of person that can take these products to the next level and work on your own initiative.
- 5+ years’ digital experience with 2+ years product management / product ownership experience;
- Recent experience of developing and launching iOS/Android apps;
- You will have owned a product roadmap and backlogs;
- Management of budgets;
- Experience with consumer-focused products and experience with user-engagement processes;
- Worked in an Agile way;
- Experience with managing 3rd party design/development teams ideal;
- It is desirable if you have a background in – Media/Content industry/e-commerce/sport/gaming.
Digital Product Manager. Product Manager