Product Designer (User Interface) – Innovative Tech Start-up
Product Designer (User Interface) for Innovative Tech Start-up in London – £40,000 - £50,000
I am currently working with an innovative tech start-up who are on an incredible mission to put the power back into the hands of the consumer. (If you want to know more about what this means, apply below and I will be happy to talk you through it).
Since its inception in 2015, this company has seen some incredible success including multiple awards and prestigious recognition from Marketing Week, NASDAQ and iTunes, backing from some of Europe’s most successful entrepreneurs and a combined customer base (from their app and affiliate partnerships) of over 44milliion. They released a beta of their UK consumer app in February which alone already has 100,000 users.
The Role as Product Designer (User Interface)
As a Product Designer you will be at the very centre of a word changing start-up as they grow to international markets and partner with some of the largest brands in the world. You will take ownership of the brands look and feel across multiple platforms.
Initially, your focus will be on the UI for the B2C app and B2B SaaS products but as they grow the role will see you exploring multi-channel interactions including wearable tech like Apple Watch, Android Wear and short menu interfaces like the Amazon Echo. Whilst this role requires an understanding of the end – end process, it is more suited to a very visual and UI focused product designer who wants to create beautiful interfaces for a variety of touch points than a UX heavy PD.
- Take lead on the visual and interaction design for both of their core products.
- Be a driving force for innovation and creativity across the brand.
- Build prototypes to be used in user testing sessions.
- Act as brand guardian ensuring visual consistency across all communications.
- Exploring new design trends and innovations to push both the brand and your own skills further.
- Advise other areas of the business on design best practice including branding, typography, service design and marketing.
- Helping to define product vision and strategy.
- Work closely with all other team members to fulfil the brand goals and visions.
What you will need:
- A strong understanding of end – end, digital product design.
- Experience in designing consumer facing, mobile products.
- Have a portfolio of beautifully crafted, intuitive interfaces for variety of platforms.
- A strong understanding of mobile design principles and platforms (IOS, Android, Material Design etc.)
- You will enjoy diving deeper into the product design process and solving big problems
- A high level of proficiency with applications like Sketch, InVision or any other parallel software.
- Have a strong understanding of UCD principles.
- Have an eye for pixel perfection.
- Experience designing for wearable tech, AR, VR or any other non-traditional devices and platforms.
- Exposure to branding, print design, service design or other non-software mediums.