Part Time UX Designer/ Researcher For Educational Publisher
UX Designer/ Researcher for Educational Publisher in London – up to £45,000 pro rata
I am looking for a UX Designer/ Researcher to work with an Educational Publisher who are known for their innovation and the quality of their work.
My client is an educational publisher based in East London who are known for creating innovative educational material for both students and practitioners across a broad range of subjects. With offices based all over the world they currently have close to 2,000 employees who are all working to publish more than 1000 journals and close to 900 books in a year’s business across science, tech, medicine and more. Their belief is that their growing success comes from thinking creatively about our markets and actively responding to the needs of our customers. They also have a great benefits package including childcare vouchers and a great training and development scheme as well as other great perks
The Role as UX Designer/ Researcher
This role will see you working in a ratio of 60:40 user research to design in an agile environment working closely with product managers and developers to deliver products both timely and to a high standard. You will be working across all products including Journals, books and Video where you will be playing an important part in ensuring all new product development is user centric, responsive and engaging.
- Create an understanding of the different needs of user groups and incorporate this insight into all work streams
- Develop user testing scripts and facilitate user testing sessions
- Conduct competitor research
- Deliver strong concepts from initial sketches to wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Promoting best practice UX design and raising awareness of associated practices and processes within
This role would be great for someone who needs little more flexibility around their working arrangement but still want produce great work that are truly helping users. You will be durable and able to work across multiple projects at one time.
- Interaction design experience with high-profile digital products /
- Experience creating responsive designs
- Experience managing user research through multiple evaluation methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams
- Ability to work well with stakeholders, both internally and externally