Lead Visual Designer – Digital Innovation Hub
Lead Visual Designer for Digital Innovation Hub in London – Up to £80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
I am working with one of the fastest growing Digital Innovation Hubs in London who sit as part of a global finance and insurance brand. Don’t let the sector put you off though as this team feel and operate much more like an agency but with all the benefits of being in-house with loads of variety, awesome culture and strong focus on work/life balance.
The hub was set up 2 years ago to drive their digital presence forward and begin to explore new products and tools for their 30million+ customers with a core goal of helping them to become more financially independent through good digital products. Now an established design team of 50+ and total headcount of 200+ they are helping to change the face of the financial industry as we know it today.
They follow a ‘plan for failure’ mentality and run with any great ideas they have with the expectation that many of them will fail…but it’s always worth finding that out the hard way. Some of the new tools they are exploring include integration with wearable tech, connected car and voice alongside the usual host of web and mobile based apps. Lots of variety and scope for creativity that means there is never a dull moment!
The Role as Lead Visual Designer
They are currently looking to add another Lead Visual Designer to the team who will head up a team of 5 for their fourth product stream. Reporting to the Head of Design, your primary focus will be to mentor and develop your team and ensure they deliver high fidelity mock-ups primarily for responsive web and mobile app products.
You should have great visual design skills as well as the ability to mentor and develop a team. You will work closely with UX designers, copywriters, UX research, product owners and developers to craft the shape and the look and feel of the experience.
- Working as part of the leadership team you will set, review, challenge and communicate the design system to your team of designers.
- Line management / performance management for your UI design team.
- Work with the Head of Visual Design to develop the design process and be accountable for the final output of your team.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to understand the vision for the user experience and how to lift and define the overall user engagement through design.
- Delivery and presentation of relevant project deliverables (such as creative briefs, concepts, high fidelity mock-ups. digital assets, style guides, pattern libraries, CSS etc.)
- Work with the UX team to develop prototypes and test early ideas with customers.
- Work with the other Visual Designers, Team Leads and other agile streams to evolve the design and achieve a consistent look and feel, ensuring all designs align to brand guidelines.
- Involved in presenting designs to the UX team, project teams and stakeholders.
- Sense checking all the output from your team.
- Developing strong visual designs for all projects allocated to your teams.
What you will have:
- Experience in a similar role and a portfolio of beautiful and clean designs to back that up.
A strong understanding of Visual Design principles.
- Colour theory, typography, layout and a willingness to push creative boundaries should come as second nature to you.
- An eye for pixel perfection and attention to detail.
- Experience working on cross-platform projects.
- A master with tools like Sketch and InVision.
- You will be familiar with using zeplin to send your finished designs to the dev team.
Feel like you’re up for the challenge? Click APPLY or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and Folio for more information.