Lead UX Freelancer – Content Rich Travel Product
Lead UX Designer for Publishing Organisation in Central London – £400 per day
~ Lead UX Freelancer – Content Rich Travel Product – Central London ~
An exciting opportunity has come in for a Senior UX Freelancer to join one of the UK’s leading publishing organisations. The last 2 years has seen this organisation fully embrace Digital and they have evolved in to a multiplatform operation creating innovative sharable content as well as creating exciting new products and services all made viable by digital.
One such product to emerge is a brand new content rich e-commerce Travel destination that is due to launch in the next few months. They now have their own dedicated team and looking for a Senior UX Freelancer to join them while they seek to build a permanent.
As the Senior UX Designer you’ll shape how the product, looks feels and performs working in tandem with a world class editorial team to create a content rich travel destination that links to a huge range of commercial partnerships that will ultimately sell tours, package holidays, cruises, flights, hotels and city breaks.
You will lead and own this product and will test, iterate, continually evolve, innovate and improve this in to a best in class stand-alone travel ecommerce destination.
- Advanced ability to conceive and document solutions through sketches, user flows, storyboards, wireframes, personas, prototypes or written specifications and user stories.
- Be accountable for the delivery, quality, and success of the user experience for a product throughout the entire lifecycle, including optimization and innovation with new features
- Stay abreast of industry changes and best practice in UX design and communicate this to the team
- Work collaboratively within an Agile product team made up of product managers, engineers, and your colleagues in the UX team to deliver world class products through research and iterative releases
- Develop deep strategic understanding of the business to allow you to input into product roadmaps and prioritise features based on user and commercial needs
- Run workshops to gather requirements and achieve consensus and act as an internal consultant for the wider organisation
- Mentor and develop more junior members of the UX team
- Part of your role will be to raise the profile of The UX team – blogging, attending events, giving talks or taking part in conferences.
To land this role you will have exceptional design skills and attention to detail as well as the ability to think strategically. Experience of Travel and/or ecommerce will be a big bonus as will experience of content heavy sites.
You will get the opportunity to work with live data and therefore someone who has experience of quickly extracting insight and making lean rapid changes will thrive in this role.
You’ll have a strong knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch or other prototyping tools and you’ll exude a passion in all things related to UX/Product design, keeping on top of industry developments
Stakeholder management skills are vital. As such very strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to be a persuasive and confident speaker will be one of your key strengths. Nothing out of the ordinary on that front.