Lead UX for for Specialist User-Centred Design Agency
Lead UX Designer with Management Responsibility for UCD Agency in London – £70,000 - £80,000
A user centred design consultancy is looking for a talented UX lead to manage a talented team of up to 6 UX designers whilst being responsible for delivering and championing the UX on projects.
The agency is a customer experience consultancy based in Central London that develops effective and profitable digital products for their clients. As a UX lead you will be responsible for leading the team to provide insightful application of research, strategy, UX and design.
Working with a small and very friendly team in their London office branch you will be working on a wide range of projects that may take you all over the world. Some of the key clients operate within sectors including media and entertainment, travel and online marketplaces to name a few.
The Role as Lead UX Designer with Management Responsibility
The projects you will be working on will tend to be large scale so you will immerse yourself into projects and work closely with between 1 to 4 clients a year. The team are currently working with are a large publishing company based in Europe and Latin America. They are helping the company to migrate from print to digital, creating a pattern library, helping them define their UCD processes and taking an over-arching view of their full service offerings.
- Lead and mentor a multi-discipline team, setting clear goals for projects and inspiring innovative designs
- Lead the UX on a selection of key accounts and projects.
- Hands-on UX design work will include setting the strategic vision for new projects, engaging stakeholders, leading client workshops, road-mapping and overseeing high quality UX design work within the team
- Represent the agency through attending and speaking at conferences, writing a blog and articles to share your knowledge and engaging in discussions.
Our client is looking for a UX lead that can propel the agency forward from it’s hands on UX delivery to the management of it’s UX team.
You will have a strong understanding of UX best practice as well as having commercial business skills in order to drive growth and develop relationships. A willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and occasionally further afield is desirable as this will build good client relationships.
- 5+ years experience working in a UX role with hands-on experience of UX best practice
- Ability to lead and manage multi-discipline teams on large projects
- Impressive portfolio showing your most recent & exciting projects with deliverables across the full UX process(including user research, requirements gathering, wireframes and prototypes, examples of user testing etc.)