Lead UX Designer required to join an Award Winning Publishing House
Lead UX Designer for Publishing House in London – up to £68,000
This is an exciting opening for a Lead UX Designer looking for their next challenge within a fast paced publishing environment. The role will be split between producing amazing cross platform UX Designs for website, tablet and mobile apps and managing and mentoring the UX team (5/6 designers).
The award winning publisher owns over 50 media brands that cover a wide spectrum of the industry, reaching out to an audience of 22 million people a month. Despite being a large employer, there is an agency feel in the digital team as there are always a number of projects being worked on simultaneously, with lots of exciting responsive, cross platform, app work. With a focus on special interest markets, the publishers create compelling content that really matters to their consumers.
The work environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and you are widely encouraged to get involved with industry training, events and workshops in order to stay on top of trends. There is an entrepreneurial culture which nurtures a strong and vibrant work force working within the newly refurbished offices.
The Role as Lead UX Designer
The brands cover a wide range of sectors including weddings, automotive and radio to name a few. Reporting to the Head of Creative, you will be helping to deliver an excellent user experience for 6 different work streams, setting the roadmap and overseeing the delivery of all UX deliverables across each brand. It is important that you can lead and inspire the team and attend training days and events together.
- Lead the UX projects and team through designing for large sites
- Present your ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Working in agile, give and receive feedback on a regular basis
- Communicate initial concepts through sketches
- Ensure that designs adhere to the most recent usability and accessibility best practices
Our client is looking for someone that has experience in various industries, as the brands within the company are all so different. It will be a 50/50 split between hands on UX design and mentoring and you will be an integral part of the design team.
- Experience mentoring or leading a team of UX Designers, ensuring that UX best practices are standardised across all of the brands
- Confident communicator with experience of managing stakeholders at various levels
- Understand usability and accessibility best practices
- Impressive portfolio that shows the UX process and thinking behind each project
- An eye for design that is evident from the presentation of your portfolio