Lead UX Designer for Food Tech Startup
Lead UX Designer for Food Tech Startup in Central London – £50,000 - £70,000
Lead UX Designer required to join a fast-growing food tech startup in Central London. There are a wide variety of projects in the pipeline and you will be designing innovative solutions for a dynamic industry, including mobile apps, an iPad EPOS system and a dashboard.
Our client is a food tech startup based in the heart of Tech City .The team has steadily grown over the last few years to 30 people; made up of lots of talented developers, product managers, a Lead UI Designer and data scientist.
There is a flat structure within the team, all sitting in an open plan office (with free breakfast & amazing coffee) with a culture of idea sharing and collaboration.
Benefits include 25 days’ holiday, flexible working hours (can start between 8am and 10am), £10 to spend every week on the food platform, monthly company meals, and a really generous £2,500 annual training budget.
Shared learning is really encouraged across the team, so you will have time off for training days/conferences. There is lots of transparency across the whole team, with a monthly all-hands meetings and open product roadmaps.
The Role as Lead UX Designer
Reporting into the CEO, this will be quite an autonomous role where you can help to shape the UX processes within the company.
There are four key products (b2b and b2c) across website and mobile device. There are a wide variety of users across the product suite across all demographics. The products need to be reviewed and improved from a usability perspective, and the UX Designer will work across all of the products.
- User research using various methodologies
- Usability testing (multi-variant, A/B etc.)
- Understand user behaviour across various segments and share the findings with the team, producing personas to share key info
- Work closely with the product managers, UI designer and developers to provide an amazing experience in every new feature/product
- Shape the UX role within the team
- Experience and understanding of UCD principles
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables
- Portfolio showing your experience with native mobile and web projects
- Experience facilitating user research studies
- Over 5 year’s experience within a UX Design role
- Experience of working on an end to end product lifecycle, from concept to delivery
*Please note that you must have the Right to Work in the UK for this role as the company can’t offer sponsorship.