Lead UX Designer for fast-growing eCommerce Startup
Lead UX Designer for eCommerce Startup in Central London – £65,000 + stock options
Would you like to work for a fast-growing eCommerce startup? Founded in the summer of 2013, this specialist online retailer has enjoyed great success so far and they are looking for a Lead UX Designer to bring their expertise to the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this startup on an exciting journey of expansion with the aim of innovating and disrupting across their multi-platform offerings.
The company have expanded from 15 to 70 people within the last year, and are set to keep growing. As a startup, they have strong funding and have received backing by some big investors. They expect significant growth next year as they are set to launch into new markets. You will be working across the full UCD cycle, from conducting research right through to producing prototypes in Axure.
Our client is adding key members to the design team in order to drive new innovations and produce a road map of future releases which will include native apps into next year. The success they have enjoyed so far is down to the popular online market place that allows customers to buy, learn and share experiences.
The Role as Lead UX Designer
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be tasked with leading and growing the UX team within the startup. You must push the team to produce innovative and disruptive UX designs that will ensure the startup continues to expand and succeed. This is a great opportunity to experiment and play around with the best web, mobile, social and media technology in order to produce a great digital experience. You will be leading the current team of 3 UX contractors, gradually expanding the team internally.
- Design engaging and interactive user experiences for web and mobile products
- Create responsive and adaptive UX Designs
- Plan and facilitate user research sessions and usability testing
- Create prototypes using Axure
- Produce UX models including user flows, site maps and wireframes
- Inspire the UX designers in your team to produce high quality designs through insight
Our client is looking for a talented Lead UX Designer who is passionate about design and producing the best solutions for their customers. It is important that you are a fast learner and can pick up new tools and technologies quickly.
- Problem solver who can present strong UX solutions
- Ability to drive the UX strategy within the team
- Mentor the less experienced members in the UX team
- Strong portfolio that reflects UX experience within various commercial environments
- Experience of planning and facilitating user research and usability testing sessions