Lead UI Designer – Leading Online Fashion Destination
Lead UI Designer for Leading fashion destination in North London – £65,000 - £70,000
E-commerce genius needed for one of the largest online fashion destinations!
This International Online Fashion/beauty store is one of the largest fashion E-tailor in the UK, with offices in London, Sydney, New York, France, Germany and China. Shipping worldwide this large e-commerce retailer builds technology to help them stay close to their customers.
From building website features to leading the way in innovative Mobile, web and wearable apps. They have big ambition to build products that excite their customers, helping and making it easier to shop and grow advocacy for the brand.
This a company that likes to stand out from the crowd and by winning awards to creating a fun culture this is one place that every member of staff enjoys waking up in the morning for.
The Role as Lead UI Designer
As the role of Lead UI Designer you will be leading the UI Design function across large and complex projects. You will also be setting and communicating the brand direction whilst leading and supporting the UI design team. The team needs a leader who can not only nurture and support the team but can also get their hands dirty and create some awesome designs.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Line management / performance management responsibility for the UI design team
- Create Beautiful UI with your team and have the ability to mould and direct your teams designs
- Mentor and develop talent. Review the teams objectives on an ongoing basis and improve the collective capability and toolset
- Workflow Prioritisation. Constantly develop their process and be accountable for the final output
- Maintain and foster close partnerships with UX, development, creative, analytics and other key teams
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
As the Lead UI Designer you will be game changer, thinking outside the box to create truly beautiful designs whilst be an inspirational leader for your team.
Other attributes will include:
- A genuine passion for interface design and interaction with a strong attention to detail
- Leading and growing teams / developing talent
- Proven ability to lead workshops and kick off sessions
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation of clean user-centered design
- Very comfortable presenting to senior directors and leadership team
- Diplomatic and collaborative with a calm temperament, able to work within cross disciplinary teams
- High level of competency with relevant creative tools (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Very experienced in designing for multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile & Tablet web / apps)
- Experience in Responsive or adaptive design methods