Product/UX Designer for exciting Travel E-commerce Destination
Senior Product UX Designer for Publishing Organisation in Central London – £75,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead level Experience / Product designer to join one of the UK’s leading publishing organisations. The last 2 years has seen this organisation fully embrace Digital and they have evolved in to a multi-platform operation creating innovative shareable content as well as creating exciting new products and services all made viable by digital. One such product to emerge is a brand new e-commerce Travel destination that now has its own dedicated team but they’re still growing and now looking for a Lead level UX designer. Interested? Read on…
This award winning media organisation are known for delivering high quality journalism across some of the most read daily publications not only in the UK but globally. In recent years they’ve undergone a digital transformation to ensure they remain at the leading edge of the ever-changing media landscape and have a portfolio of leading online media sites and apps.
As part of their digital evolution they continue to leverage the capabilities their digital team to innovate and design new products and services, the reason this role has come about.
They have amazing offices in central London and a world class UX team who’ll you have full support from.
The Role as Senior Product UX Designer
As the Lead UX/Product Designer you’ll shape how the product, looks feels and performs working in tandem with a world class editorial team to create a content rich travel destination that will ultimately sell tours, package holidays, cruises, flights, hotels and city breaks.
You will test, iterate, continually evolve, innovate and improve this in to a best in class stand-alone travel ecommerce destination.
- Advanced ability to conceive and document solutions through sketches, user flows, storyboards, wireframes, personas, prototypes or written specifications and user stories.
- Be accountable for the delivery, quality, and success of the user experience for a product throughout the entire lifecycle, including optimization and innovation with new features
- Stay abreast of industry changes and best practice in UX design and communicate this to the team
- Work collaboratively within an Agile product team made up of product managers, engineers, and your colleagues in the UX team to deliver world class products through research and iterative releases
- Develop deep strategic understanding of the business to allow you to input into product roadmaps and prioritise features based on user and commercial needs
- Run workshops to gather requirements and achieve consensus and act as an internal consultant for the wider organisation
- Mentor and develop more junior members of the UX team
- Part of your role will be to raise the profile of The UX team – blogging, attending events, giving talks or taking part in conferences.
To land this role you will have exceptional design skills and attention to detail as well as the ability to think strategically. Experience of Travel and/or ecommerce will be a big bonus as will experience of content heavy sites.
You’ll have a strong knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch or other prototyping tools and you’ll exude a passion in all things related to UX design, keeping on top of industry developments
This is very much a client side role so stakeholder management skills are vital. As such very strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to be a persuasive and confident speaker will be one of your key strengths.