Junior UX Designer for 6 month FTC with Tech Publishing Start-up
Junior UX Designer for Tech Publishing Start-up in London – £25,000 - £32,000
This is a great opportunity for a Junior UX Designer to join a fast-growing innovative tech publishing start-up in London. It is a 6-month fixed-term contract to begin, and there may be an opportunity to go permanent at the end of the 6 months.
Our client is a tech publishing start-up based in amazing offices in the heart of tech city. The client offers a platform to connect readers and authors, offering an innovative concept within a very traditional industry.
The company was founded by 3 publishers looking to refresh the way traditional publishing works. It has now moved towards being a tech-focused funding platform and you will be working alongside a Product Manager, CTO and Head of F/End development. There are currently 20 full-time employees and 10 freelancers.
There is a great work-life balance with flexible working hours (core hours 10am to 6pm), 25 days’ holiday and the office is closed over Christmas. You will also have days off for training and conferences as personal development is fostered within the business.
The Role as Junior UX Designer
This is a great opportunity to build out UX processes within the business, and there are a wide variety of projects in the roadmap. Within the next year, these will include; designing a new eCommerce section, introducing a subscription model, conducting user research and usability tests for the login and sign up sections, creating a personalised service, discovering new product opportunities, adding a search function and redesigning the homepage.
- Conduct user research, create personas, conduct competitor analyses
- Work collaboratively with the Product Manager to prioritise the product roadmap
- Look at various user journeys, design user flows, IA and design wireframes and prototypes
- Balance business requirements with user needs
- Keep on top of industry trends and bring innovative design thinking to the team
As the first UX Designer to join the start-up, you must be a confident communicator that enjoys working collaboratively with multi-disciplines. The ideal candidate will have a degree/Masters in a related subject with 1 year’s commercial experience within UX.
- Experience / understanding of the full UX lifecycle
- Someone with a real interest in publishing/books
- Collaborative – there is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience of designing for responsive websites
- Must be driven & passionate about UX – this person will be the UX advocate within the business
- Experience using Sketch
If you would like to apply, please send your CV & portfolio for consideration. Please note that this company isn’t offering sponsorship so you must have a Visa to work in the UK.