Junior UX Designer For Specialist Financial Client
Junior UX Designer for Financial Client in London – £28,000-£40,000
I am currently recruiting for a UX designer to work for a specialist financial company based in the heart of London. As a UX designer you will be a key asset to the design team, working alongside user researchers, product managers and product owners you will be working together to create user friendly designs.
A UX designer is required for a specialist financial client who work with both long term and short term traders and investors as well as creating apps for spread betting. Although spreading is where a large amount of profit comes from this is a small area you would be working on and ex workers have gone on to work in some really high profile financial companies. The current UX issues here are genuinely interesting to design for as they require people to think deeper to come up with solutions as a lot of principals that can be applied elsewhere cannot here as the data is a lot more complex and users really care about this as it based all around their investments. Based in beautiful offices overlooking the Thames, although this is a financial client it has got a slight agency feel with a roof terrace, various sporting actives and an open plan office space.
The Role as Junior UX Designer
This role will see you working closely with UI designers, researchers and front end devs in squads to combat one solution at a time. You will be working within the marketing department whose key function will be to improve the UX across the customer lifecycle including the development of marketing strategy, products and services. You will be fully supported throughout the design process to ensure you are able to deliver to your responsivities to the highest quality.
- Delivering user interfaces in collaboration with colleagues
- Understand and explain complex systems to other areas of the business
- facilitate discussions in the interdisciplinary team that you work in
- designing interfaces using information architecture and interaction design principles
- use best practice solutions and design principles when required
An ideal candidate will have 1-2 years commercial experience working across user research as well as working collaboratively with peers as a UX designer. You will be self-motivating and always looking to learn and upskill yourself as well as being durable with the energy to work across multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience of conducting usability sessions or other research methods
- Responds positively to design critique and open to improve practice
- Able to confidently present ideas to peers
- Have a beautifully crafted portfolio with recent work