UX Designer – Property Start-up
UX Designer for Disruptive Property Start-up in London – £25,000 - £40,000
UX Designer required to join a disruptive property start-up that aims to shake up the property industry. Working with tech entrepreneurs, you will be delivering UX designs in a fast paced environment, helping to shape the future of an industry that has been slow to change.
You will be working on innovative designs that focus on consumers, moving away from the traditional estate agency model with high fees to provide a cheaper, more efficient service.
Our client is an online property start-up that is changing the way that properties are let and sold. Founded just over 18 months ago, the company has grown rapidly with 100 employees now working in their London office. Working within the buoyant property industry, the start-up are disrupting the traditional estate agent model and instead, offering a customer focused product to make the whole home buying and letting process easier.
The company offer a range of services that cover the full buying and letting process, from advertising, photography, viewings right through to mortgages, insurance and conveyancing.
The Role as UX Designer
As the second UX Designer in the team, you will receive mentoring from the Head of UX, however you will be expected to work autonomously on various projects.
Upcoming projects include the complete redesign of the dashboard for customers to use during the buying and letting process. For example, a landlord that is letting/selling a few properties will have a tailored dashboard to manage the full process. This is a large greenfield project and you will be involved across the full UX lifecycle (a great project to add to your portfolio).
- Designing for desktop and mobile devices
- Design a mobile app from scratch utilising the latest technology to improve the home buying process (eg. laser technology on phones to create an instant floor plan)
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, developers, user researchers and designers on various work streams
- Bring ideas to the table – every voice is heard in the true start-up environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a UX Designer looking to make an impact within a start-up company with a strong financial backing. The team are looking for someone that enjoys working collaboratively and is keen to work in a forward thinking start-up. Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 year’s commercial experience within a UX role, or are a very strong graduate that has worked on various industry projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of user research methodologies
- UX portfolio showing a range of UX deliverables and concepts such as storyboards, user flows, site maps, wireframes and prototypes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Aspirational and driven UX Designer that wants to progress and learn quickly